Fillo Rollups with Goat Cheese and Figs
An elegant way to begin (or end) a dinner party. Goat cheese and mildly sweet figs are the perfect combo for this fillo wrap. For an added layer of sophistication, pair this treat with a mature tawny port, or a Sauvignon Blanc from California.
- goat cheese - 1 cup
- fine chopped figs - 1 cup
- butter melted - 1/2 cup
- fillo factory fillo dough - 1 lb package
- fig preserves - optional
Prep the fillo according to package directions.
- Remove a sheet of the fillo, lay it on a clean counter and brush with butter or spray with butter flavored cooking spray. Repeat with another sheet.
- Cut the sheets in half crosswise, so you have two strips.
- At one of the narrow ends, add a dollop of room temperature goat cheese, topped with a tablespoon of minced fig or for a sweeter flavor, use a teaspoon of fig preserves. Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of the strip and fold in each side about 1 ". Fold up the bottom, tuck in and roll the package up.
- Set in a baking tray, seam side down. Do the same for the rest of the mixture. Bake at 375 for 10-14 minutes, cool slightly and serve warm.
Fillo always starts with good dough. The better the product the better the flavor.Add to Favourites