- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Blueberry Kiwi Fillo Layer Cakes
Individually these make a great dessert. Light fresh and fruity. Try varying the fruit with the season.
1. Follow instructions on the package for thawing your fillo
2. Take a layer of phyllo and lay it on a baking/parchment sheet in the bottom of a 12x17" or larger baking pan.
3. Butter this with a brush and lay another fillo layer on top repeat until you have 6 layers then butter the tops
4. Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel cut the fillo sheets into squares and cover with parchment paper and then place a clean, same size baking pan on top of the fillo to keep it from bubbling up when baking. Bake at 400f until it becomes a warm brown color- watch carefully!
6. Assemble your cooked squares with the fresh fruit and whipped cream. Serve immediately. If not using all the squares you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or so.
Optional: Substitute whipped cream with cottage cheese, ice cream or yogurt for a fun snack or dessert.
Try this with our organic whole wheat fillo, or our Organic or Spelt!