Shrimp & Egg Salad Tartlets
So easy to make you will find they work great for kids lunch boxes or special treats. Impromptu party food, at it's best. Keeping a box or two on hand of these fillo pastry shells will come in handy for those last minute surprises.
- shrimp - 1 1/2 cups cooked dried, chopped dried
- eggs - 3-hard boiled and minced
- celery - 1/4 cup minced
- onion - 2 tbs minced
- lemon juice - 1 tbs
- salt/ pepper - 1/4 tsp each or to taste
- mayonnaise - 1/4 cup or to taste
- Fillo Factory Mini Fillo Shells - 15-24 shells
- capers - optional for garnish
Preheat oven to 375f. Place the empty shells on a baking sheet and bake until they get a little color and are very crispy. About 10 minutes or less. Cool completely.
Mix all ingredients in bowl except pastry shells until well combined. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each Fillo pastry shells. Garnish as desired, we used capers, but sliced scallions or crumbled bacon, parsley are all good.