- Yield: 15-30
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Making Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes
These bite sized morsels of sweetness are too wonderful to miss. If you are a fan of red velvet cupcakes then this recipe is for you. If you've never tried a red velvet batter, maybe this is your chance. The small bites help you eat "just a couple" at a time. And the edible cup, saves paper. So does that make the red, green? Hold on, then an alternate title for these could be "Red is the New Green"!
- Heat oven to temp as directed on the cake mix
- Lay out the empty fillo pastry cups onto a wide baking pan, lined with baking paper
- Fill each cup about 2/3 of the way with cake mix. You could use a pastry bag to squeeze the cake mix or just a teaspoon
- Bake in middle of the oven and check after 12 minutes to see if a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean. If not put them back in and check again after 5 minutes until done.
- Cool completely. Put your icing in a pastry bag with a rippled tip and squeeze the amount of icing you wish on the top of the cooled cupcakes.
Our Fillo Cups can be found in many gourmet or grocery stores across the country. If you cannot find them you can order from our website here
Enjoy the good life with bite sized pleasure.Add to Favourites