- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Tuna or Chicken Salad In Fillo Cups
Keep some of our larger organic fillo pastry cups on hand in case you need a quick elegant solution for guests. I show it here with tuna salad, but you can just as easily do this with chicken, or shrimp salad. These fillo cups are so versatile they can adapt to almost any recipe.
- tuna salad store bought or home made - aprox 1/2 can per person
- Larger Fillo Organic Pastry Cups - box of 6 or more as needed
- chopped red and green bell peppers - to taste
- scallions cut in rings - small bunch
- shredded lettuce or leafy spinach - as needed
Mix the red and green peppers into the tuna salad, to make garden style tuna. Press a small layer of the shredded spinach or lettuce into the bottom of each cup. Over that fill with the tuna salad, garnish with the sliced scallions and serve immediately.
Note the cups can be toasted or baked briefly before filling to enhance their flaky, crispy texture and brown them a bit. I would suggest putting them in an oven at 350f for about 5 minutes and let cool for a few minutes before you them. Watch to be sure they do not over cook!